Commercial Director - RWD/RWE
Reporting to the Board as part of the Senior Management Team, the Commercial Director is responsible for key areas of the business for our client a fast growing healthcare and data research business utilising machine learning, data science and technology/software. They assist life science companies with market access and for Real World Evidence (RWE) purposes by conducted studies on Real World Data (RWD)
The Commercial Director will be responsible for strategic partnerships: finding, contracting and managing partners who provide a strategic benefit. This includes key strategic customer and supplier relationships as well leading on partnership and channel programmes.
The Commercial Director will be responsible for managing external relationships: managing the ongoing key relationships, such as NHS Digital, Public Health England and CPRD.
As Commercial Director there will be a need to Expand data access: The company has a need to expand its patient-level data assets. The Commercial Director will take the lead on this by acquiring/licensing new therapy area datasets, enriching existing datasets and supporting the
- Researching the RWD/RWE landscape, keeping abreast of changes and new developments.
- Managing relationships with a variety of senior people externally.
- Meeting targets relating to data access and other strategic objectives.
- Reporting back to the Board on a regular basis.
- Self-starter, expected to develop own plans for how to solve any challenges that come up in the pursuit of the objectives.
- Negotiating contractual terms with potential partners or data providers.
- Demonstrable track record of success working at senior management level.
- Experience of working within the life sciences and healthcare sectors at a strategic level.
- Experience in negotiating commercial / contractual processes that are typical in this industry.
- In depth understanding of the healthcare landscape, particularly the pharmaceuticals market.
- Should have network within healthcare and life sciences.
- Ideally a Master's in research, health policy, biostats or epidemiology (or closely related fields) although this isn't a deal breaker for the right candidate and other backgrounds considered
- ABPI Code of Practice knowledge and exam (ideal but not essential)
- Excellent Salary + Bonus
- Flexible and remote working options where applicable
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales