Environment manager (AWS/DevOps)
Location: Glasgow (remote for now then onsite)
Rate: £300 - 400/day (negotiable)
Duration: 3 months
Note: PAYE or UMBRELLA ONLY
DevOps knowledge will be advantageous.
- AWS certified or relevant Experience, including AWS Cloud Formation.
- Hands on working knowledge around AWS managed services such as EC2,Security Groups,Cloudformation, VPC, Cloud Watch, AWS Auto Scaling, Cloud Trail, Service Catalog, RDS, IAM
- Hands on working knowledge on deploying AWS cloud formation scripts, SSL Certificates , cloud security, IAM roles, groups, policies and encryption key
- Build the AWS environment through automated scripts
- Troubleshoot and fix configuration issues as and when required and document/communicate the same
- Validate the environment to meet all security and compliance controls
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of CI/CD processes, concepts and benefits.
- Provisioning of the necessary environments to support the roadmaps
- Creating plans showing tasks, resources and dependencies
- Managing the plan to deliver the environments in the timescales required
- Escalating as necessary if there are risks / issues
- Responding to adhoc request to provide/ change an environment in response to an urgent issue
- Deployment Management
- Creating implementation plans for deploying to all environments
- Running the plan and ensuring the tasks are done on time by the relevant teams
- Creating necessary CRs and ensuring these are approved in time
- Attending CAB to represent production implementations
- Creating a rolling 3 month detailed plan of deployments required for the PBTV programme and a high level plan for the year
- Responding to adhoc requests when a deployment is needed to resolve an urgent issue
- Provision of environment/ implementation documentation as required by Service Introduction and RTB
Ideally, the candidate will have experience working in a data-intensive project.
Will have a broad technical experience having had involvement in projects that ideally use the following technologies:
* Relational database - ideally Microsoft SQL Server
* Messaging middleware - ideally IBM MQ
* Java applications - ideally with Apache Tomcat
* Hardware load balancers - ideally F5
* Unix (Linux) and Windows operating systems
Please click here to find out more about our Key Information Documents. Please note that the documents provided contain generic information. If we are successful in finding you an assignment, you will receive a Key Information Document which will be specific to the vendor set-up you have chosen and your placement.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales