Principal Materials Engineer
Job Title: Principals Materials Engineer
Benefits: Excellent salary, pension, healthcare and yearly bonus.
With a brand new site in Galway my client invests heavily in research and development to evolve its pioneering product range and change the future of respiratory patient care.
Responsible for characterisation and development of materials and components in electroforming & mechanical forming processes, in addition to leading problem solving metallurgical defects.
- Establishing experiments to understand performance effects from metallic material properties
- Advancement of existing electroforming processes for the production of metallic wafers
- Development and critique of DOE's and validation plans for metallurgical processes to achieve production readiness
- Identification and control of the input variables to produce the desired outputs
- Work as part of a team around the development of joining processes
- Analysis and investigation to determine reasons for performance outcomes
- Leading problem solving initiatives to establish root cause and implementation of appropriate solutions
- Responsible for reporting on/validating solutions identified.
- Responsible for project management of material projects.
- Ability to liaise with Customers, suppliers and external bodies, as required
- Maintains Project Technical files to comply with Medical Quality Standards
- 7+ years' experience in a Design and Process Development Metallurgical Environment
- Knowledge of additive and metal electroforming processes would be an advantage.
- Minimum of a primary degree in Materials Engineering or Metallurgy, however a post graduate qualification in a relevant area of specialization would be a distinct advantage.
- Familiar with use of SEM, XRD, XRF, ESD. EBSD, FIB and DSC equipment and techniques including sample preparation
- Very familiar with material characterisation techniques and metallic material failure mechanisms
- Fully conversant with properties of metallic materials especially those with higher corrosion resistance
- Analytical and methodical approach to work
- Excellent documentation and attention to detail skills
- Ability to lead and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team including members from outside specialist centres. Outstanding team working abilities with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas and concepts clearly and effectively to all levels of the company
If you are interested in applying or hearing more about this position apply on the link provided and I would be happy to discuss further with you.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales