Title: R&D/ Product Development Manager
Location; Parkmore, Galway
Benefits: Excellent salary, pension, healthcare and yearly bonus.
My client is ranked among the top 10 global companies in the medical device outsourcing industry, they specialize in the design and manufacture of minimally invasive delivery and access devices for a range of therapies. Headquartered in Galway, they has a global operational footprint with design and manufacturing facilities spanning the U.S., South America, Europe and Asia.
The R&D Product Development Manager will be responsible for leading a team of Design Engineers and Technicians in developing my clients portfolio of exciting and innovative new Medical products. This Senior key position within the Device Engineering group will enable the successful candidate to demonstrate their broad range of development and leadership skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment. In leading the team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with other Senior Management levels across the organization.
- Lead the team in all elements of the Research & Development on projects from concept generation through to design verification.
- Guide the team in applying leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Manage the communication with the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure a timely and optimised product design.
- Build the engineering group skills sets / strength in depth through growth and development of team.
- Lead R&D team members guided by a Staff Engineer across several projects.
- Liaise with PMO on Project Resourcing & Project Progress.
- Dashboard management and associated meetings to review progress against project KPI's.
- Manage team members career paths in accordance with Global Job Framework.
- Reporting device design and development progress to all key stakeholders.
- Working closely with peer in Process Development group to ensure collective robust design / robust process
- Development planning for people to build highly skilled Engineering group
- Level 8 engineering degree, or equivalent.
- 8+ year's industry management experience in medical product development
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales