Senior R&D Engineer
They are a Medical Device start up are looking for a Senior D&D Engineer to join their expanding team.
Role: Senior D&D Engineer
Location: NUIG, Galway
Benefits: Excellent salary and bonus. Work in a fast paced environment and be part of a company from the start.
Company: Start up in NUIG my client has developed a patentable two-part wound care kit that dramatically improves the wound care routine for patients. They have just have received massive funding and first product launch will be before the end of the year.
Role: Senior R&D Engineer will join a team of experienced medical device development team, based in the fast paced environment of Class I medical garments. The successful candidate will work within a cross functional team to deliver project objectives.
- Apply Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering knowledge to the design, development and assessment of prosthetic heart valves.
- Leads and successfully completes complex product development tasks including: writing and/or verifying specifications, design verifications and design validations; maintaining product/process documentation; developing test methods.
- Interfaces with Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance, vendors and physicians.
- Participates in design review and designing products and processed for fabrication.
- Lead and solve complex problems to resolution and solution implementation.
- Communicates changes in project milestones to key stakeholders and writes project reports as required.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
- Understands and complies with complex regulations, including FDA & ISO, governing the quality systems.
- Devise strategies for efficient execution of project deliverables and co-ordinate activities of a number of staff in an assigned phase of a development project
- Primary Degree in Mechanical, or Biomedical Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in a Design and Development Engineering capacity
- Prior experience in wound care or medical apparel a distinct advantage
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects.
If you would like to hear more about this exciting new company to Galway and discuss the position available get in touch with an up to date CV and we can discuss it further. Looking forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales