Associate Scientist, Bioassay and Gene Therapy
Associate Scientist, Bioassay & Gene Therapy - Cambridge, MA
18 Month Contract to Start
A well-known Pharma company is seeking a highly motivated biologist to join their Bioassays & HTS team in support of Gene Therapy projects within the Biotherapeutic & Medicinal Sciences department. This group is responsible for developing small format assays, executing high throughput screens (HTS) and subsequently assessing candidate molecules. The primary responsibilities for this role are development and implementation of innovative cell-based assays using high throughput technologies and use of data analysis tools to assess biological activity and advance portfolio projects. The ideal candidate has experience with in-vitro and primary cell culture as well as various assay methodologies.
In collaboration with the Gene Therapy Acceleration Unit (GTx), this group aims to develop and implement assays to study various aspects of gene therapy and therapeutic candidates in vitro. This individual will contribute to key projects through the application of mammalian cell culture, semi-automated liquid handling, data handling and data analysis. Additional responsibilities include robust documentation of experiments in an electronic notebook, working with assay scientists and automation engineers to increase instrument performance, and execute screens with cell types relevant to neurology. The candidate is expected to design scientific experiments and perform comprehensive data analysis using specialized software to process HTS and dose response data (e.g. TIBCO Spotfire, Genedata Screener).
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Biology or a related discipline
- Experience with HTS instruments to support drug discovery
- Demonstrated broad expertise in various assay methodologies including high content analysis (confocal microscopy), standard plate reader compatible assays including protein-protein interaction readouts (e.g. FRET/BRET, AlphaLISA, MSD).
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated with a demonstrated ability to successfully take on challenges, troubleshoot efficiently and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
- The candidate must have excellent organization, oral and written communication skills
- The ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team is essential.
- Preferred: Familiarity with Hamilton and Biomek workstations, Labcyte Echo, HighRes systems and various fluid handlers is preferred
- Preferred: Neuroscience experience
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.