Associate Scientist (Device and Design Experience!)
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland, United States
Sectors: Engineering & Validation
Job Type: Contract
Title: Associate Scientist
Duration: 1 Year
Location: Gaithersburg, MD (Remote to Start)
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong technical contributor to a cross functional team in the selection, development, scale up and commercialization of drug delivery devices for the internal pipeline
- Be a scientific contributor to complex problem solving and technical development
- Contribute to departmental combination product development capability by applying and maintaining a high level of knowledge and expertise
- Influence and educate cross-functional stakeholders on device development and commercialization best practices
- Establish a close working relationship with and provide effective oversight of suppliers and manage technical aspects of external collaborations
- Drive a Quality mindset and ensure that work is performed in accordance with appropriate quality requirements and compliance standards (e.g. risk management, Design Controls, ISO standards etc.)
- Present technical findings at team meetings and management interactions.
- Conduct technical development with external development partners and component suppliers.
- Contribute to regulatory filings
- Ability to develop and implement best practices / business processes
Experience: The right candidate will have
- 1-5 years experience in medical device or combination product development. Years of required experience will vary based on the highest level of education completed, the level of expertise within combination products and the level of position being interviewed for
- Education: Engineering degrees or equivalent
- Excellent leadership skills and ensure success of the project.
- Experience in working with external companies is also highly desirable.
- A proven track record of working effectively in a matrix organization with a highly cross-functional and collaborative environment is a must.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.