Associate Scientist, Sample Management
Associate Scientist, Sample Management - Cambridge, MA
The Early Development Department in Preclinical Research at a well-known Biotech is seeking a motivated research associate. This individual will be responsible for supporting the Sample Management group in the receiving and storage of nonclinical samples. They are seeking a highly organized individual that is able to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced laboratory setting. This Associate Scientist in Sample Management must collaborate on a team and coordinate tasks with various stakeholders to ensure deadlines are met.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain inventory of common laboratory consumables used for Sample Management.
- Assist analysts in procuring nonclinical and clinical samples and reference materials utilizing LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System)
- Support preparation of nonclinical tissue samples (i.e. weighing, grinding, and lysis) to extract target siRNA for downstream analysis
- Manage the overall inventory of nonclinical and clinical samples and reference materials
- Support electronic organization and filing of documents such as study protocols, reports, amendments, and deviations and associated sample management documents
- Maintain protocols and forms for receipt, storage, and disposition of nonclinical and clinical samples and reference materials
- Perform all receipt, storage, and disposition of nonclinical and clinical samples and reference materials utilizing a LIMS system
- Maintain a high level of organization and great attention to detail - Complete assignments in a timely and clearly documented manner and handle tasks quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced work environment
- Understand company goals and relationship of individual goals to specific projects
- Communicate openly and directly with lab group in order to provide sufficient solutions that will work for all team members
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific discipline
- 1-3+ years of experience in a Laboratory setting
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to function in a high capacity within a fast-paced team environment.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, eagerness to learn, and the ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Preferred: Experience with LIMS applications
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.