Clinical Scientific Bench Scientist II
Are you interested in oncology research, drug discovery and development? Do you want to work with a diverse group of people while expanding the oncology and immuno-oncology portfolio? My client, one of the world's leading research focused healthcare groups, is seeking a qualified and highly motivated individual for the role of Assay Development Scientist on the Research Team in La Jolla, California.
The successful candidate will join a multi-disciplinary team of scientists in the Oncology Translational Research - Tumor Morphology Group, playing a key role in the development and conduct of predictive biomarker assays in human study samples. An Assay Development Scientist serves as a technical expert and supports the rapidly expanding oncology and immuno-oncology portfolio.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Carry out experiments to help develop, validate and execute biomarker assays to support Phase I/II clinical studies.
- Serve as a technical resource within the TMG for cell culture and preparation of RNA and protein.
- Explore novel concepts and innovative technologies to expand the group's biomarker discovery capabilities
- Manage sample work flows including sample accessioning and archiving.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- BS in biological science with 3+ years of experience in assay development/validation with a focus on cancer biology and biomarkers
- Experience in immunohistochemistry development in human tumors
- Experience working with human samples, including sample prep of various types of tumor specimens
- Experience in cell culture and current molecular biology techniques, including qRT-PCR, western blotting, and gene expression profiling.
- Current knowledge of oncology research, drug discovery and development
- Experience with next generation DNA/RNA sequencing, NanoString/HTG analysis of mRNA strongly preferred.
- Experience with and/or comfortable handling mice.
- Ability to effectively interact and collaborate with other scientists, both within the group and in other groups; excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Overall, this is a wonderful opportunity to work on a team of scientists while enhancing your skills. You will have wide-range of responsibilities while collaborating with a team of 8 at a reputable company.
If you are interested in learning more about the Assay Development Scientist opportunity, please forward me your resume and/or contact me on the details below!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.