Developer in Test
Real Public Sector have partnered with Immform PHE and are going to be providing Immform PHE with skilled professionals to assist them within their Vaccine Countermeasure Response Department.
Public Health England exists to protect and improve the nation's health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities. Public Health England do this through world leading science, knowledge and intelligence, advocacy, partnerships and the delivery of specialist public health services.
Real Public Sector believe that this role is critical for developing software which meets user needs and maintains/supports the systems required for delivery of Vaccine stock to the NHS and the Pandemic stock during a flu pandemic.
PHE believes that the way their employees behave will have the greatest impact in achieving their ambitions as an organisation.
What PHE says matters but what PHE does matters more.
PHE's behaviours that underpin their values are to COMMUNICATE openly, honestly and clearly, ACHIEVE TOGETHER, working towards PHE's objectives, RESPECT each other and treat colleagues and customers how you would wish to be treated and EXCEL by providing an excellent service, leading by example and driving personal development.
This role will allow you to play your part in making a difference to someone's life.
The importance of mass immunisation is well established. It is the cornerstone of public health protection, protecting the population from serious illness and deaths caused by vaccine preventable diseases.
Our agile team are passionate about what we are doing. We have big ambitions to grow and improve the services we provide and our technical roadmap is evolving. Streams of work include re-writing of an existing Monolithic application into a distributed microservice based solution on cloud infrastructure.
Now is an exciting time to join the QA community to make a big difference. There is opportunity to oversee quality of new innovations from conception through to delivery, QA of existing applications and identifying improvement, as well as reviewing our practices and processes to make QA the best it can possibly be to support our projects.
- Understand the fundamentals of QA and QA best practice
- To lead of the maintenance of existing frameworks
- To contribute to NFR testing for example, performance in low testing & security accessibility
- To ensure that you are the gate keeper for Quality across the organisation
- To be able to model a performance test, analyse user activity, interpret results to understand whether or not there is a cause for concern and then to be able to clearly understand the reports that are created
- To carry out service level testing
- Occasionally contribute to manual testing
- Be able to liaise with other members of the department so experience in stakeholder management is necessary as there will be a requirement to discuss business requirements, provide constructive feedback and assist with documentation.
- To identify if there is adequate test coverage in specific areas and then see if there is further testing required
- There will be a requirement to contribute to the Test Strategy
- Defect management, the reporting, tracking and validation of fixes
- Understand the Test Pyramid
- Technical skills required are as follows: C#, Selenium, Web API, TFS, XML, Payloads, SQL Server
- Excellent Communication skills are required with people at all levels from technical personal to business stakeholders
- Security testing fundamentals
- Experience of working with Visual Studio
- Experience of using JMeter
- Experience of working with CI tools
- Experience of using READYAPI, SOAP API or similar tools
- Experience of working in an Azure/AWS environment
- Experience of analysing data sets
If you have 3 or 4 of the key skills listed I would be very interested in speaking with you still as it is understandable you may not tick every requirement. Public Health England offers excellent career progression for the right candidate alongside attractive benefits.
If you are looking for a role with a forward-thinking, progressive organisation, this could be the ideal role for you. Please submit your CV to apply or for further information, please contact Jonathan Hurry on 0121-265-7474 or email
If you know of someone who may be interested in this requirement then please do ask them to get in touch via the above details
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales