Our client is currently looking for Electrical Engineers in the NW Suburbs of Chicago area to fill a contract-to-hire position with a world renowned Medical Device company. Please review details below.
Work on assignments that are complex in nature where judgment is required in resolving problems and making routine recommendations. May determine methods and procedures on new assignments and may provide guidance to other non-exempt personnel. Apply basic and some advanced techniques and procedures to assigned projects.
Responsible for performing a wide variety of research and/or development laboratory tasks and experiments. Perform detailed analyses and tests. Assist in compiling observations, analyzing data and interpreting results
- Maintain laboratory equipment and inventory levels for laboratory supplies
- May write experimental reports, summaries and protocols. May also develop and maintain record keeping for experiment performed
- Work with electrical engineers in the design of new electrical equipment, parts, components
- Assemble and test experimental electrical & mechanical parts or make changes according to an engineer's instructions
- Expert level proficiency at soldering and rework of fine pitch surface mount parts.
- Proficient at mechanical assembly and dis-assembly of sensitive mechanical instruments.
- Verify analog and digital electronic circuits for multiple micro-controller based system
- Verification of circuit designs through the use of test equipment and data analysis as needed.
- Documentation of the designs and all procedures and data from tests related to the design.
This is a contract role and will last 12 months with the possibility for full time hire after completion of contract. Candidate must possess educational qualifications and work experience that demonstrate excellence in engineering within the medical device industry.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- A.S/A.A.S. Degree in a technical field of study is preferred with 10+ years of experience
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineer with at least; 5+ years of experience in related field.
- Product Development electro-mechanical experience in the area of control circuits and component specification is desired.
- Experience with fine pitch surface mount technology.
- Familiarity with medical device industry practices (GDP, design verification, etc)
- Familiarity with FDA and/or ISO-9000 design requirements is preferred.
- Experience with soldering and lab experience are required
Skill & Competency Requirements:
- Thorough knowledge of technical concepts
- Strong background in computers, math and electronic designs.
- Detail-oriented and able to think critically about possible solutions to problems.
- Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics and layout
- Solid understanding of and capable of debugging electronic printed circuit boards
- Ability to work in groups with other engineers.
- Ability to handle multiple task assignments with minimal supervision to ensure customer needs are met.
- Demonstrate skills in test method development, test fixture design and development, data analysis and report writing.
- Ability to perform basic statistical analysis and make recommendations to engineers.
- Demonstrates expertise in particular functional area.
- Oscilloscope experience
- Soldering experience
- Prototype builds
- Test capabilities
- Electrical mechanical product development experience
- Problem Solving skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be:
- Able to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally.
Please reply with a resume and good time for a phone interview. If you are not open to new opportunities at this time and know someone who is well qualified for this position, please do not hesitate to connect us.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.