Epidemiology Research Associate
Title: Epidemiology Research Associate - Contractor Position
Location: Cambridge, MA
Contract - until end of 2020, with extension available
The primary purpose of the Epidemiology Research Associate contractor position is to work within the dedicated epidemiology team housed within the Global Analytics and Data Sciences department of Research and Development, to provide epidemiologic support to drug development and post-market programs.
This position will work with Epidemiologists on their projects and will report to a Director, Epidemiology.
* Understanding of the pharmaceutical industry in general and the role of epidemiology
* Expertise in the design, conduct, analysis, interpretation and communication of observational studies
* Expertise in conducting, reviewing, and critiquing epidemiologic literature and writing literature review summaries
* Experience designing database studies and writing protocols for epidemiologic research
* Ability to resourcefully provide descriptive epidemiology of diseases and outcomes of interest, such as: incidence and prevalence, risk factors, disease progression, outcomes
* Ability to conduct analytic epidemiologic research such as: Case-control studies, cohort studies, statistical analyses (rates, risk, measures of effect)
* Close attention to detail
* Ability to work with multiple team members as needed and meet required deadlines
* Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
* Experience with desktop office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Education Requirement: PhD in Public Health or Epidemiology
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.