Labratory Assistant III
Location: Cambridge, MA
Experience: 1+ years
Job Description: Laboratory Assistant III
The Candidate will serve as an operations associate, in the in-vivo resource center. They will be responsible for performing daily health observations, recording and communicating observations to the scientists, as well as many other animal handling and general facility tasks.
* The candidate will be responsible for carrying out daily health observations and census, and for effectively recording, communicating, and documenting their observations
* The candidate will handle the housing of animals, animal receipt, and will be responsible for performing husbandry duties for rats and mice
* They will need to perform any general housekeeping tasks such as preparation activities, maintenance, and cagewash.
* The candidate will also be expected to use the company's internal databases to handle the processing of supplies and the receipt of animals
* The candidate will be expected to adhere to all reporting and safety procedures, and will carry out any other tasks as needed
* Minimum of 1 year of experience and a high school diploma
* Associate's or Bachelors degree in a related field of science is preferred (no experience needed if this is the case)
* Ability to comprehensively use Microsoft word and Microsoft excel
* Excellent written and verbal English communication skills, and a strong attention to detail
* Candidate must have ALAT certification or they must acquire the certification early in their employment
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.