Materials Scientist / Engineer
About the Role:
The primary focus of this role will be on the development of formulations for the extended release of various natural volatile compounds. As a technical member, additional responsibilities will also include scientific literature review and summary, technical landscaping, prototype development, and project management of both internal and external R&D projects and supporting the growth our R&D capabilities.
- Propose, design, and conduct experiments using standard analytical instruments. Design and use experimental fixtures or "test beds", instrumentation.
- Analyze and interpret experimental results, create reports and present findings to senior leadership.
- Identify and recommend new technologies and concepts to be applied in the development of controlled release systems.
- Identify critical needs/equipment/technology to improve R&D capabilities and work with the senior leadership to implement.
- Conduct scientific and technical landscaping; perform literature reviews and summarize to evaluate technical feasibility and/or applicability.
- Graduate degree in one or more of the following: Material Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Bioengineering/Biotechnology, or related field
- Experience developing and testing material formulations for extended release systems
- Experience with gas phase, volatile compound analysis techniques and methods
- Familiarity with micro-encapsulation processes and materials
- Familiarity with natural polymers and materials
- Familiarity with start-ups desired; ability to develop new processes
- Curious & resourceful, ability to research scientific publications and evaluate new industry technical advancements
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to clearly communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to turn take high level directions and goals into actionable R&D plans and tasks to be carried out
- Strong knowledge of biological/life sciences highly desired
- Statistical analysis capability highly desired
- Knowledge of plant physiology and/or pathology is a plus
Please Note: Only local candidates considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.