What does the role entail?
You will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the Device Development Process. The role will require a hands-on approach involving design, prototyping and development of novel biomaterial-based devices for our clients in the vascular implant sector and will focus heavily on the transfer of the products from design into manufacturing.
You will have a good eye for detail and must also have manual dexterity skills to grasp and manipulate small components during the fabrication of prototype medical devices. The range of projects that the role will support will be diverse and present an opportunity to acquire significant skills in the development of Biomaterial based Medical Devices
You will have an engineering background, ideally with significant manufacturing engineering experience, a keen eye for detail and a willingness to acquire new skills and learn on a daily basis. Key skills and experience include:
- Honours Degree in Biomedical/Mechanical/Polymer Engineering with 1-3 years of relevant industrial experience in manufacturing engineering and/or product transfers/new product introductions.
- Demonstrated ability to work hands-on in the development of process technologies. Experience from non-medical industries and/or backgrounds will be considered.
- Good working knowledge of polymer material properties and coating processes particularly desirable.
- Experience of Medical Device requirements and understanding of Design Control processes an advantage.
- Proficient in AutoCad and similar 3D Modelling software, along with MS Office software (MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Must be able to communicate effectively, keep detailed documentation and write clear, concise technical reports.
Would you be interested in working for some of the leading medical device companies in the world and would you like to hear more about these positions?
If so, forward me on an up to date CV and we can organise a time to have a chat. Look forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales