Our client is currently looking for Principal Engineers in the Chicago area to fill a contract-to-hire position with a world renowned Medical Device company. Please review details below.
Extensive product development experience board based expertise. Displays standard engineering principles to resolve difficult problems, from conception to final design with team input. Plans, schedules and leads project assignments in the evaluation, selection and adaptation of various engineering techniques, procedures and criteria with minimal guidance
- With minimal guidance, schedules and leads a team through the planning and execution of a smaller project or defined piece of a larger project. This includes constructing detailed, accurate project schedules, interfacing with development groups and technical support groups.
- Devises new approaches to complex problems through adaptations and modifications of standard technical principles.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Supervises/coordinates an engineer and/or technicians on assigned work.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- B.S. in Engineering (discipline: Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Biomedical preferred)
- 5 - 8 years recent and relevant work experience in a medical or regulated industry Experienced with all typical software tools (MS Office Suite, Minitab, CAD SW - prefer SolidWorks).
Skill & Competency Requirements:
- Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
- Ability to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
- Effectively operate in and may facilitate cross-functional teams with guidance.
- Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.