Principal Quality Engineer
My client are a multinational medical device company based in Cork City. A forefront company in their field, there are over 450 professionals employed here. They've been in Ireland over 25 years and their products touch the lives of more than 260 million patients yearly.
Are you interested in becoming their new Principal Quality Engineer?
The Principal Quality Engineer plans, conducts and provides direction on all quality engineering activities. The Principal Quality Engineer will use comprehensive and diverse knowledge of engineering principles and practices within broad assignment areas. Coordination and direction will be given to engineers and other quality engineering staff while being responsible for the development of assigned staff.
- Ensures direct/indirect supervision of quality engineers including recruitment, performance reviews and career development.
- Utilizes quality engineering principles and problem solving skills to improve and maintain products/processes that are aligned with the overall quality and business vision while ensuring production build schedule attainment.
- Leads and manages investigations providing a formal structured approach to identify root causes, establishes corrective actions and executes prevention plans in products and/or processes.
- Employs appropriate risk management to prevent unanticipated failure modes and improve capability of processes
- Ensures effective quality strategies are created for the validation of equipment, test methods and processes as well as master validation plans and risk management documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements and internal requirements.
- Utilizes quality engineering tools and practices for the effective and efficient development, transfer and maintenance of products/processes throughout the product lifecycle.
- Reviews analytical methods and specifications, validation protocols, deviations, investigations, impact assessments and other forms of quality documentation as assigned.
- Holds accountability and ownership of quality metrics including maintenance and reviewing of leading and lagging indicators of quality.
- Performs an active Role in further development of the quality management system and drives continuous improvement and innovation from a quality perspective.
- Actively participates in external audits as subject matter expert for areas of responsibility.
- Guide audit preparation activities within the quality engineering group.
What you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of directly related experience.
- Min. 5 years of technical & validation experience and Quality Assurance experience
- People management experience
- Project management skills
If this role sounds like a good fit for you, please apply directly below and I will contact you with further details on the role.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales