Principal R&D Engineer
Job title: Principal R&D Engineer
Location: Ballybrit, Galway
Benefits: Excellent salary, pension, healthcare and yearly bonus
One of the top Medical Device companies in the world who are expanding their R&D department in Galway.
* Responsible for design and development of next-generation minimally invasive medical devices for the treatment of valvular heart disease. Successful candidate will work independently, or as a member of a team within a dynamic New Product Development organisation specialized in transcatheter heart valve system development for commercialization in all major global healthcare markets.
* Independently, or as a member of a team, develops, directs, and executes plans for a major segment of complex projects
* Under limited supervision/guidance, compiles, analyzes, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, and materials.
* Coordinate with outside consultants and clinicians to ensure testing and analyses required to fully qualify and verify device designs are appropriately representative of expected use conditions.
* Work closely with team members and internal partners in Regulatory, Quality, Manufacturing, Marketing and other departments to deliver project objectives
* Provide clear and regular technical direction to personnel assigned to a project
* Maintain technical knowledge current with advancing technology related to cardiac valve prostheses and associated technologies in addition to knowledge of competitive technologies
* Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide guidance to suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria for suppliers related to materials, manufacturing processes and design.
* A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is required.
* Experience in the design and development of valve prostheses and associated processes are required
* Experience with medical device testing of vascular prostheses and/or catheter delivery systems a plus
* Understanding and extensive application of technical principles, theories, and design concepts in implantable products
If you are interested in discussing this position further and applying, forward me your application and we can organise a time to discuss further.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales