Location: Orange County, CA
Contract length: 6 months contract (potential to extend)
Main Responsibilites: The pharmaceutical process chemist in this role is expected to interact with all disciplines of early drug development functions including pre-clinical, clinical, pre-formulation and regulatory. Works in the laboratories and participates in process development and formulation development in various dosage forms including semi-solid and solid dosage forms. Works closely with internal and external subject matter experts to handle all technical, legal, and regulatory aspects of development projects.
Education/ Years of experience:
Minimal of B.S. in Chemical/Biologic Engineering, Polymer/Material Science, Chemistry or relevant fields with 7+ years of experience, or MS degree with 5+ or Ph.D. with minimally 2 years of relevant industry experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of work experience in Chemical/Biologic Engineering or relative field in pharmaceutical /biotechnology companies, specifically in process development of pharmaceutical preparations and/or biological drugs.
- Experiences in biologic drug development and process analytical technology (PAT) are a plus.
- Trained in process development and/or pharmaceutical/analytical sciences.
- Understands and creates SOP documentation
- A thorough understanding of pharmaceutical development processes (i.e. QbD, cGLP and cGMP) from discovery to commercialization is highly desirable.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.