R&D Engineer_ Human Factors 81016
Are you an Engineer passionate about medical device industry?
My client is now hiring for an experienced R&D Human Factors Engineer for a 12 month long contract (with potential of contract-to-hire) in Saint Paul, MN. The R&D Engineer will be expected to come in and apply human factors and ergonomics expertise to the design, and evaluation of products within the R&D division of Electrophysiology Systems, which is part of the Atrial Fibrillation business unit.
Among others, the R&D Engineer will have the following responsibilities:
* Apply knowledge of human factors principles and techniques to cardiac electrophysiology systems product development
* 0rganize and direct the work of staff and outside consultants working on human factors tasks to effectively support product development efforts
* Deliverables include, but are not limited to: Usability engineering files; Task analyses; Usability risk analyses; Usability testing throughout the product development process
* Work with regulatory affairs to develop strategies for new product submissions, create submission packages, and respond to questions from regulatory agencies;
* Work with design quality to ensure that the company's usability engineering processes and methodologies meet the latest expectations of regulatory agencies
* Keep abreast of regulations and best practices for medical device human factors and advice management regarding potential improvements to internal processes and regulatory issues
* Represent in meetings with regulatory agencies, at human factors professional meetings and conferences, and as a member of standards committees.
* Education: M.S. degree in Human Factors Engineering or Cognitive Psychology or M.S. degree in Biomedical Engineering with human factors coursework
* 5-10+ years of relevant human factors/usability engineering experience in hardware-software systems product development;
* Proven ability to work with multidisciplinary teams that may include other human factors experts and customers
* Ability to apply user-centered design and human factors engineering principles to product research, development and design;
* Experience in medical device development; ability to quickly assimilate advanced domain knowledge
* Prior electrophysiology or cardiology experience is preferred
Overall, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly-respected company to take on a role that will offer unlimited growth potential. This person will join a fun team in a great environment, and will be able to work on life-changing and innovative products.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please forward your resume and/or contact me on the details below!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.