Research Associate - Framingham, MA
1 year contract to start
A well-known Pharmaceutical company is seeking a motivated researcher to join their Translational Biomedical Research group focusing on the imaging of key biomarkers for rare-neuro diseases & immunology-oncology programs. This individual will become a part of the team and emerge as a critical contributor to the company's innovative approach to help better understand the disease biology, its progression and therapeutic response. This position is a unique chance to contribute to the cutting-edge research that provides the rich resources and daily collaborations with world-class scientists
- Developing and executing mass spectrometry imaging to profile lipids, glycans and proteins in tissue sections.
- Preforming tissue handling and sectioning, depositing chemical matrix and mass spectrometry imaging.
- Keep on top of published scientific literature and present data at internal project meetings.
- BS or MS degree in Biological Sciences
- 2+ years of experience in the area of tissue preparation and sectioning is required.
- Ability to seek out information, learn quickly, and successfully apply knowledge in his/her work.
- Ability to work independently to conduct experiments and analyze data.
- Preferred: Knowledge of tissue pathology & immunohistochemistry techniques.
- Preferred: Prior experience in mass spectrometry (LC-MS, proteomics, lipidomics, metabolomics) and database search.
- Preferred: Experience with spectroscopy and techniques for surface analytics (e.g. AFM, SEM, SAAP-MS, LESA).
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.