Research Scientist I, Formulations
Job Title: Scientist (or Physical Chemist or Formulation or Product Development)
Contract Length: One year from start date, with possibility of extension
Typical Daily Work Hours: Mon-Fri, 40 Hrs/Wk, 830am to 5pm (some flexibility in daily start/end times)
Weekend & OT work = Not Expected; 100% onsite work.
This research scientist position is responsible for conducting laboratory research for formulation development of drug candidates starting from lead candidate optimization to enable preclinical and clinical studies. The incumbent is responsible for studying early fundamental physicochemical and stability characterization of new drug candidates and excipient compatibility needed to provide the groundwork for development of dosing formulations for pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and toxicology studies. Experience in novel drug delivery and Biopharmaceuticsin is a preferred strength. Hands-on experience is required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Designs and carries out in-house formulation development.
- Collaborates with Analytical R&D to study solid state characteristics of APIs. Conducts pre-formulation activities, such as solubility, stability and excipient compatibility testing of new chemical entities (NCEs). Determines physicochemical properties of NCEs.
- Carry out permeation studies via in-vitro models.
- Presents results at meetings and in technical reports/publications.
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Science, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related scientific discipline with 1-3 years' experience. Will consider Master's Degree with relevant experience and at least five years' experience.
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry in preformulation/ formulations development
- MOST IMPORTANT - Drug Formulation and Drug Development experience
- Established formulation development experience.
- Knowledge of physical characterization and performance characterization of materials
- Knowledge of formulation related technical issues such as dissolution rate enhancement, solubilization and process optimization.
- Hands-on experience in using HPLC, DSC/TGA.
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, presentation).
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving capabilities.
Working in the Lab area may conduct experiments with drug formulations.
[NOT CAR-T related.]
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.