Research Scientist (Diagnostic Products)
Reports to: Program Manager
- Responsible for general laboratory support functions such as buffer preparation, reagent formulation, operation of appropriate laboratory equipment, record keeping and general laboratory maintenance.
- Work in a small group performing research and development of products from feasibility through clinical trials and transfer to manufacturing.
- Collaborate with internal and external chemistry, engineering and manufacturing groups to research and develop markers, reagents, formulations and processes.
- Assists in the design and performance of experiments related to assigned projects.
- Works in collaboration with other team members to conduct robust and efficient experiments to solve difficult technical problems.
Required Education and Experience
- BS in chemistry, biochemistry, biology or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related laboratory work experience.
- Experience in lateral flow assay development.
Knowledge and Skills
- Basic algebraic, statistical and mathematical skills.
- General computer knowledge.
- Good organizational skills.
- Bio-related laboratory skills, such as buffer preparation, pipetting, immunoassay, aseptic technique.
- Immuno-chromatographic assay development.
- Possess problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of QSR's and ISO 9001.
- Knowledge of experimental design & interpretation.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.