Computational Biology Scientist - Cambridge, MA
A top pharmaceutical company is looking for an experienced postdoctoral computational biology scientist to contribute to cutting edge discovery and development projects in the neuroscience therapeutic area. This scientist will be responsible for utilizing their expertise in bioinformatics and computation biology to support their translational and exploratory analysis of various types of molecular profiling and phenotype data.
- Perform advanced analysis of DNA-seq, RNA-seq, ChIP-seq and other sequencing data as well as publically available genomics data through unsupervised and supervised machine learning algorithms.
- Method development for translational research (e.g. predictive modeling for patient stratification and disease indication selection).
- Strengthen understanding of diseases and treatment perturbations through the integration of genomics, genetics, epigenetics and literature data.
- Utilize multiple approaches to analyze genes, pathways, and networks.
- Effectively write and present study reports and data in all settings and with participants of all levels.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. or equivalent experience in bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field.
- Strong programming skills in R, Python, and other languages used for bioinformatics analysis.
- Strong understanding of the advantages and limitations of various types of human genetic datasets (e.g. GWAS, CNVs, Rare variants) and hands on experience using public human genetics and epigenetics databases.
- Solid background in basic cellular and molecular biology with an understanding of neurological disorders.
- Extensive experience sequencing data analysis (e.g. RNAseq, DNAseq, scRNA-seq)
- Expert ability to apply advanced machine learning methods (e.g. Hidden Markov Chain, Support Vector Machines, neural nets and deep learning algorithms)
- Preferred background in Neuroscience
- Preferred familiarity with databases such as UK Biobank, AMP-AD, PPMI
If you or a Research Scientist you know feel this could be an opportunity you would like to explore please send me your most up to date resume at c.garland (AT SIGN) real staffing.com to discuss the role in further detail.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.