* Primary responsibility is to perform original research in order to develop marketable products.
* Special emphasis will be placed on automated protein (antibody) purification, which will involve working with GE AKTA (Express / Pure) and Unicorn software.
* Will also be tasked with supporting a variety of projects within our R&D division
* Performs antibody and recombinant protein purification and analytical characterization with limited supervision.
o Protein Purification: concentrating supernatants, preparation and packing of chromatography columns, and conducting chromatography, including operating analytical and preparative fast performance and high-pressure chromatography systems.
o Analytical characterization: Endotoxin measurements, protein quantitation assays, analytical HPLC chromatography, and SEC analysis. Independently operates analytical instruments such as spectrophotometers, analytical HPLC, capillary electrophoresis, plate readers, light scattering systems, and biomolecular interactions analysis using Octet and BIAcore instruments.
o Formulation: formulation buffers preparation (molar concentration quantitation and pH adjustment) and formulation optimization
* Develops new protocols and troubleshoots existing protocols.
* Storing, inventorying, and ordering department supplies and chemicals and preparing chemical solutions according to department procedures, specifications, or supervisory instructions.
* Participates on cross-functional teams by performing assigned experiments and offering technical advice at team meetings; shares technical expertise with other colleagues; trains or provides guidance to other personnel, if needed.
* Will maintain a neat, clean and orderly work environment
* Bachelor's (B.S.) or Master's (M.S.) degree in biochemistry, organic chemistry, bioengineering, or equivalent; with 6+ of related experience and/or training. NOT INTERESTED IN PhD's.
* REQUIRES **antibody purification** background (Minimum of 3 years).
* Must be very detail-oriented and organized, with excellent time-management and multitasking skills.
* Have outstanding analytic and problem-solving abilities.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.