Do you enjoy research, design, and early development? Are you looking to influence your own development? Do you want to work for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies? My client, one of the world's leading research focused healthcare groups, is seeking qualified and highly motivated individuals to fill several Scientist I-Sr level roles on the Assay Development Research Team in Pleasanton, California.
The Scientist I/II/Sr will be a member of the Assay Development team in Pleasanton for the development of RUO and CE-IVD/IVD products for use on next-generation sequencing (NGS) systems. The successful candidate will help develop and implement R&D strategies for related NGS applications including nucleic acid extraction, library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis. This position is ideal for individuals interested in learning assay/product development, involving design control.
Additional responsibilities include:
- The successful candidate should have a background in molecular biology and human disease related fields, with hands-on experience designing, optimizing and validating multiplex PCR or NGS based products. IVD/CE-IVD product development experience is desirable including working under design control regulations and GMP laboratory conditions.
- Recommend innovative approaches and study plans based on experimental data or new scientific information arising from area of responsibility. Assume responsibility for timely completion of projects and respond appropriately to changing priorities.
- Analyze data, evaluate results, form conclusions, and determine future experiments.
- Present findings and/or comprehensive project status reviews at internal seminars and department meetings. Apply technical writing skills to produce reports and documents.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Biological/Life Sciences, Biochemistry, or related field with 1-4+ years of industry experience
- Strong laboratory proficiency and experience with molecular techniques and concepts
- Knowledge of NGS based workflows including target enrichment, and library preparation
- Experience in in all or some of the following: assay design, optimization, validation, experimental design, data analysis, and data and concept presentation
Overall, this is a wonderful opportunity to build your skills set and grow within a reputable company. You will have wide-range of responsibilities while collaborating with a project leader.
If you are interested in learning more about the Scientist opportunity, please forward me your resume and/or contact me on the details below!
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.