Scientist, RNA-Protein Biochemistry
Scientist, RNA-Protein Biochemistry - Cambridge, MA
Shift Details: Monday, Tuesday off, Wednesday half day, Thurs & Friday 12 hour shifts. Sat & Sunday half days
1 year contract
A well-known Pharma company is looking for a motivated individual to join their Small Molecular Physical Biochemistry group. This group functions within the company's larger Biotherapeutic and Medicinal Sciences department. The key responsibilities of this role include: expressing and purifying proteins, protein-protein and protein-RNA complexes from E.coli, insect and/or mammalian cells. The ideal candidates will also have the ability to carry out construct design, cloning, execute small (1mg) and large-scale (20mg) purifications independently. This is an amazing opportunity to work alongside like-minded individuals, in a fast faced environment, while innovatively solving unmet medical needs in the neuroscience space. Candidates who have the ability to use innovative approaches to solve problems will be highly valued.
- Working knowledge of construct design and basic molecular biology (PCR & cloning)
- Execute expression and purification of proteins from E. coli, insect or mammalian hosts.
- Prior biochemistry experience in protein-protein, protein-DNA or protein-RNA complexes and their interactions will be a valuable asset.
- Protein purification experience using Akta Express, Avant or equivalent protein purification instruments and possess experience establishing purification workflow in a RNAse free environment.
- Independently follow established protocols for multi-step purifications and exhibit independence in protein purification. The candidate should also possess the scientific understanding behind the protocols and be able to modify them when the need arises.
- The candidate should have proven experience in carrying out simple biophysical or biochemical experiments to evaluate protein-nucleic acid interactions.
- Ability to trouble shoot and solve scientific and technical problems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to document all aspects of experiments performed.
- Masters (and 3-4 years of relevant experience in an industrial or academic lab) or Ph.D degrees in Biophysics, Biochemistry or related discipline are required.