Senior Biomaterials Engineer
Headquartered in West Galway, my client has been delivering innovative solutions for medical implantable products for over 15 years. They've established a comprehensive suite of product development and manufacturing capabilities. They key growth markets of Cardiovascular, General Surgery and Orthopaedics. .
A Senior Engineer is required to support Aran Biomedical's world-class Biomaterial Design & Development team through a phase of rapid expansion and growth due to new business activities.
This position will report to a Program Manager and will be responsible for leading projects in the development and design of medical devices and polymer-based soft tissue implants for the Vascular, Orthopaedic and General Surgery markets.
The position will require an ability to work autonomously across a range of client projects, supporting all aspects of the Development Process. The role will require a hands-on approach involving design, and development of novel biomaterial based devices for our customers.
The range of projects that the role will support will be diverse and present an opportunity to acquire significant skills in the development of Biomaterial based Medical Devices.
The Senior Biomaterials Engineer will principally engage in the following tasks:
- Coordinate and manage specific design service projects from concept to manufacture.
- Manage conversion of a complete design services project from selection of raw material through to final prototype manufacture and testing (complete ownership).
- Demonstrate a strong appreciation for lean-management of project costs with an emphasis on maximizing available company revenue and meeting project timelines.
- Assist business development function in developing and costing detailed design services proposals in response to customer input criteria.
- Support quality system requirements through design control methods, design of experiments (DOE), design verification testing and process validations.
- Build and enhance Aran Biomedical's intellectual property portfolio in device design and process technology know-how.
- Ensure strict adherence to relevant safety procedures.
You should have a strong background in mechanical engineering, design engineering, polymer engineering or a related discipline. Key skills and experience include:
- Honours Degree in Biomedical/Mechanical/Polymer Engineering with 5+ years of relevant industrial experience.
- Ideally, relevant experience will relate to product development and prototype manufacture for implantable medical devices, with good working knowledge of design control processes.
- Previous experience with absorbable/non-absorbable polymers is highly desirable, and demonstrated ability to work hands-on in the development of prototypes or novel process technologies.
- Proficient in AutoCad and similar 3D Modelling software, along with MS Office software (MS Excel, Word, Powerpoint).
- Must be able to communicate effectively, keep detailed documentation and write clear, concise technical reports.
Would you be interested in working for some of the leading medical device companies in the world and would you like to hear more about these positions?
If so, forward me on an up to date CV and we can organise a time to have a chat. Look forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales