My client in Cork is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join our Product Support Engineering Team!
Location: Tullagreen, Cork
Benefits: Excellent salary, pension, healthcare and yearly bonus
You will design, validate and bring updated designs to market. You will specify precise critical product functional requirements; design, test and integrate components to produce improved designs; and evaluate the design's overall effectiveness, cost, reliability and safety.
You will design, develop, execute and evaluate fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans; create and review material part specifications and bills of materials.
You will collaborate with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize designs for manufacturability.
You will utilize CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
What You Need:
- BS degree in mechanical or biomedical engineering or related field
- 2+ years of experience required
- Strong CAD software knowledge (Pro-E, Solidworks, CATIA, or similar) and proven track record of creating innovative designs is required.
What they are Looking For:
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent ability to express ideas and collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams.
- Innovative thinker that can envision new and better ways of doing things.
- Excellent analytical thinker with an ability to plan, organize and implement concurrent tasks.
- Someone with knowledge of manufacturing processes, materials, product and process design.
- Experienced in an FDA regulated or regulated industry. Travel Percentage: 10%
Would you be interested in hearing more about this position? If so, forward your up to date CV and I would be happy to discuss further with you.
Looking forward to hearing from you.