Senior DevOps Engineer
Real Public Sector have partnered with Immform PHE and are going to be providing Immform PHE with skilled professionals to assist them within their Vaccine Countermeasure Response Department.
Public Health England exists to protect and improve the nation's health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities. Public Health England do this through world leading science, knowledge and intelligence, advocacy, partnerships and the delivery of specialist public health services.
Real Public Sector believe that this role is critical for developing software which meets user needs and maintains/supports the systems required for delivery of Vaccine stock to the NHS and the Pandemic stock during a flu pandemic.
PHE believes that the way their employees behave will have the greatest impact in achieving their ambitions as an organisation.
What PHE says matters but what PHE does matters more.
PHE's behaviours that underpin their values are to COMMUNICATE openly, honestly and clearly, ACHIEVE TOGETHER, working towards PHE's objectives, RESPECT each other and treat colleagues and customers how you would wish to be treated and EXCEL by providing an excellent service, leading by example and driving personal development.
This role will allow you to play your part in making a difference to someone's life.
The Vaccines and Countermeasures Response Department is part of the National Infection Service Directorate. It is concerned with the arrangements in place for the supply of vaccines for the Immunisation Programme and the national stockpiles, vaccine agreements and storage and distribution requirements for pandemic flu preparedness and emergency response planning. This also includes the budget management and financial accounting in relation to these arrangements.
The Systems the department develop/support provide functionality needed for vaccine and pandemic stock ordering by the NHS and the monitoring and evaluation of the national immunisation programmes. Some of this data is used to report key indicators for the Public Health Outcomes Framework and are classified as 'official statistics'. These systems are expected to manage up to 40k users.
The online channel for National Pandemic Flu Systems enables antivirals to be distributed to the public during an influenza pandemic. The NPFS back-office systems, provide the functionality needed for managing stocks used during a pandemic response. The front office system is expected to cater for 30 million users.
Within the Vaccine Countermeasure Response Department, this role is critical for leading and developing the creation of pipelines and infrastructure to develop, maintain and support the systems required for delivery of Vaccine stock to the NHS and the Pandemic stock during a flu pandemic. Key job objectives are to ensure robustness of these critical support and production services and improve performance of delivery of system changes to production.
- To be the bridge between the development team and the infrastructure team
- To work closely with the development team in relation to their specifications and then identify what work is needed around DevOps or Infrastructure
- To be able to clearly identify where an infrastructure change is needing during development
- To be able to make recommendations to the development team, guide the team and own pipeline
- There will be a requirement to work with key stakeholders across the business including business users
- Collaboration with the QA team will be required
- To be in control of the design and then to see this through right from build, to test and then to release
- You will be required to break the design down into tasks which will then allow other resources to work on this
- An element of training and mentoring will be required to help upskill the development team
- Maintain secure environments and promote best practice around security
- Strong technical skills in C#, Powershell, Web API, SQL Server, Octopus deploy,
- Microsoft Stack
- Excellent Communication skills are required with people at all levels from technical personal to business stakeholders
- MS Build
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Quality Assurance
- Experienced in using Message Bus or RabbitMQ
- Experience in microservices
- Experience in Azure/AWS
- IAAS - PAAS/SA PAAS
- Cost Analysis
- Octopus / Jenkins / Bamboo
If you have 3 or 4 of the key skills listed I would be very interested in speaking with you still as it is understandable you may not tick every requirement. Public Health England offers excellent career progression for the right candidate alongside attractive benefits.
If you are looking for a role with a forward-thinking, progressive organisation, this could be the ideal role for you. Please submit your CV to apply or for further information, please contact Jonathan Hurry on 0121-265-7474 or email
If you know of someone who may be interested in this requirement then please do ask them to get in touch via the above details
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales