Senior Research Associate
Are you an experienced research associate with the drive to be involved in cutting edge research?
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with an innovative, collaborative research center, I have the job for you. My client, one of the top 20 largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, is looking to hire a Senior Research Associate in the San Diego, California area. The position is a 6 month contract and pays $32 to $37 an hour based on experience.
The Senior Research Associate should be able to independently provide histological support to my client's portfolio programs and target evaluation programs within all DDUs.
Among others, the Senior Research Associate will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform independently, routine histology including specimen processing, embedding, slide preparation, microtomy/cryotomy, staining, and immunohistochemistry on FFPE and fresh frozen sections
- Set appropriate weekly workload for the histology/IHC/ISH lab
- Work with various types of auto-stainers (Leica, Ventana), slide scanner (Hamamatsu and 3D Histech) and cassette printer
The most desirable and qualified candidates will possess the following:
- BS/BA in a relevant field of biology or equivalent field
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in drug discovery
- Experience in histological techniques (ISH, IHC, embedding and sectioning)
Overall, this is an incredible opportunity to gain valuable experience while working with a world renowned biopharmaceutical company.
If this sounds like an opportunity you would be interested in, please email me your resume and/or contact me at 312-453-9088. I look forward to hearing from you!Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.