Senior Scientist - Immunoassay Development
The Senior Scientist will focus on of point-of-care diagnostic products and design of lateral flow immunoassays. Will work independently and as part of project teams to develop products from feasibility through validation and transfer to manufacturing. Will collaborate with internal and external colleagues and clients. Requires a highly motivated scientist with an outstanding ability to design and conduct robust and efficient experiments to solve difficult technical problems. The position requires the ability to work accurately, efficiently and swiftly in a fast-paced lab. Candidate must have a strong desire to bring products to market.
Experience and Education requirements:
- BS in chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, bio-engineering or related field
- Minimum of 6 years applicable work experience
- Immunoassay development experience is required
- Experience with membrane-based immunochromatographic assays is a plus
- Basic Chemistry or Biochemistry Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of experimental design & interpretation
- Laboratory skills, such as protein purification, antibody conjugation, solution preparation, ELISA experience, immunoassay development skills, etc.
- Basic algebraic, statistical and mathematical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of QSR's and IS