Utilize new evolving technology in robotics, artificial intelligence (AI) and Internet of Things (IoT) to develop a new life-saving product in medical device!
I am working with a start-up Medical Device company creating a new line of ventilation diagnostic and management tools in search of a Software Engineer to write PC-based software to control and monitor various subsystems for use by a test operator on the manufacturing line. They should have experience in design of manufacturing test environments involving PC-based systems and external peripherals connected via USB.
Founded by 5 Physicians, the mission of the company is to deliver specialized diagnosis and treatment to patients who are severely ill and are unable to get breathing assistance in sudden life-threatening situations.
Location: Remote, some travel to San Jose on occasion
Duration: 6 months, possible to extend
Start date: as soon as possible
- Engineer new software components for the test subsystems on the manufacturing line, including concept generation and prototyping, implementation, and verification and validation.
- Create a User Interface (UI) for PC software that is suitable for use by a test operator on the manufacturing line
- Manage the life cycle of software development projects and define tasks associated with all phases of product development from design to production in conjunction with other engineering disciplines and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with manufacturing and R&D engineers on product features, areas of improvement.
- Develop and maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Occasionally travel to manufacturing site to implement PC software and set up test operator on subsystem functions.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field with applicable skills. Master's degree in a similar discipline a plus.
- Coding experience on PC systems in C, Visual Studio, Visual Basic or Digital Basic
- 5+ years related experience with mechanical or electro-mechanical products in a team environment.
- Strong knowledge of prototyping methods and success working with rapid-prototyping resources.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing process
- Experience with external contract manufacturer
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.