Sr. Front End Software Engineer
Our client is making strides to pioneer changes within digital health and is looking for a Senior Front End Software Engineer to lead the charge on the Front-End initiatives to develop a platform that will help healthcare providers process large amount amounts of data more easily.
What you can expect coming into the role;
- Be part of a tight knit team in an energetic startup environment.
- Own the front end of a powerful new product that empowers care providers to easily work with vast amount of high-dimension data.
- Developing new or modifying existing code to ensure that applications operate effectively to meet customer business requirements while also adhering to security and related standards.
- Work closely with top notch designers, product managers, end users and other stake holders to understand use cases, usability challenges and implement the best solution.
- Work with other engineers in the organization to raise the bar for best practices, code quality and documentation.
- Understand the relationship between perfection and urgency, make sensible decisions in iterative improvement cycles.
- Maintain high engineering standards throughout your work, ship user friendly, secure and scalable products.
- You are welcomed and encouraged to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
- You will be cared for and supported by your teammates, and are expected to do the same
Experience needed for this role;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering OR equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years' experience as a Front End Developer.
- Positive "can do" attitude, self-motivated and an enjoyment for a startup environment.
- Ability to write optimized, maintainable code in a functional programming style.
- Proficient in HTML5 and CSS3. Experience working with REST API's.
- Experience with Git and contemporary frontend build processes.
- Good knowledge on Unit/Integration testing, peer review and other related processes.
- Familiar with Python programming and willingness to advance.
- Experience or willingness to supporting live production infrastructure, can quickly respond to urgent situations and be ready to diffuse issues.
Bonuses for the role.
- Eye for design and attention to detail
- Experience building or maintaining a production node.js application
- Familiar with AWS Development
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience with large data sets a plus