Sr Manager - Gene Therapy
Temporary Contract, 6 months
buisness Pharmaceuticals is seeking a Temporary Research Associate I to join the Exploratory Biology team in Boston, MA. This individual will be an experienced result- and team-oriented associate scientist who is passionate about contributing to the development of innovative therapies for patients across multiple rare disease areas with high unmet needs. Successful candidate will apply a range of technologies to contribute to target biology exploration, target validation, compound screening assay development, characterization of potential leads and mechanism of action studies. The ideal candidate will have experience in a broad set of biochemistry, cellular and molecular biology tools, with an understanding of molecular genetics. He/she will have the capability to function well in a highly diverse environment on cross-functional teams and is dedicated and rigorous in his/her scientific work.
- Demonstrated ability to develop an understanding of underlying scientific principles of projects, critically read and evaluate scientific literature, exhibit independent scientific thinking and technical problem-solving capabilities, develop experimental plans in consultation with group members, be semi-independent or independent while performing experiments, and assess and analyze results independently.
- Strong track-record of actively supporting multiple concurrent research projects within a cross-functional team environment, with ideally contributions as co-authors on research publications, patents and presentations.
- Excellent organizational, recordkeeping, communication and presentation skills.
- Extensive hands-on experience on a variety of standard biochemistry, cell and molecular biology methods, including standard mammalian cell culture, western blot methods, ELISAs, immunostaining, cloning, qPCR, RNA/DNA isolation and manipulation methods, genetic manipulation of cultured cells, siRNA/shRNA transfection and viral infection
- Undergraduate degree (in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology or other similar disciplines)
- Minimum four years of experience or Master's degree with minimum two years of experience in life science research settings.
- Industry experience is desirable
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.