Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Title: Strategic Sourcing Specialist
Location: Cambridge, MA
Contract Length: Up to 12-18 Months
The Scientific Software Procurement Specialist will play a critical role in a large scale license consolidation and rationalization effort. S/he will be part of a project team that will identify and define consolidation candidates. The Procurement Specialist will then lead and drive efforts to work with vendors to determine optimal licensing agreements and optimize costs.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
Principal responsibility will be in negotiating licensing terms, contracts and pricing, with the goal of optimizing licensing costs. Will also need to interface with internal procurement teams\groups; will need to be able to familiarize quickly with procurement processes. May also assist collaboration efforts with other departments or groups, project teams, and application owners within the organization as needed.
- Within the project team, you will be involved in determining the overall strategy for software acquisition, compliance, maintenance renewals, life cycle planning and costing.
- Identify savings opportunities for renewals, software licensing, and services. Follow through with vendors to obtain identified savings.
- Collect and analyze install/usage data (software Inventory) to determine license compliance.
- Collect and analyze information for budgeting, software compliance & inventory, and cost comparisons.
- Conduct software license research to support purchasing and contract requirements; including working with application business owners and groups.
- Assist with the consolidation of scientific software assets (EOS, Service Now, and UAMS) and ensure relevant lifecycle transactions are accurately captured.
- Collaborate with other project teams to respond to software data requests; coordinate with other project teams to gather information on related efforts and ensure alignment.
- Collaborate with Project Team members to develop and publish reporting and metrics to monitor project activities\update project plan.
- Coordinate with other departments or groups within the organization as needed such as legal (CDA/MSA revision, etc.).
- Communicate through email, individual interview, group meetings, and presentations to end users, management, developers, and vendors.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Must have previous experience in Life Science industry; ideally, working with scientific software asset and license management\procurement.
- Experience working within large scale projects.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related field.
- 3+ year's successful asset management experience.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work efficiently in collaboration with others, as well as independently, in a fast-pace environment.
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Good analytical skills and knowledge including, internal control requirements and accounting principles as well as understanding of relevant business environment.
- Self-directed, flexible and able to work independently.
- Attention to detail, ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.