Supply Chain Specialist - III 7749
The role of the Transport Associate is to ensure that shipments into and out of Kite and its customers are handled quickly, safely, and spend is within budget. This might include oversight of transportation equipment, suppliers and personnel who are part of the organization. This professional might also coordinate with outside companies that provide freight services. Familiarity with shipment options, legislation, government regulations, and safety procedures is required, as is knowledge of geography, mathematics, and business systems.
The Transport Associate will be responsible for the policies and procedures for transportation operations covering areas of, but not limited to, shipment coordination, reviewing invoices, planning transport and transportation routings.
He/she needs to ensure that shipment issues are researched and corrected. He/she must stay up-to-date with various regulations including those related but not limited to: hazardous shipments, employee safety, freight classifications, IATA, Customs, AEO, known consignor etc.
- Coordination of operational transport request and bookings
- Establish quality transportation services per shipping lane, eliminating risk and solving operational issues immediately when they occur.
Data and KPI' s:
- Reporting of all related transport data and transport analytics for Kite pharma US.
- Participation in KPI development, carry out monitoring and dashboard creation for contracted Logistic service providers.
- Create and share forecast with service providers to ensure the availability of operational capacity for courier services.
- Develop and Maintain Logistics' key performance measures including measure around spend and cost.
- Manage invoices
- Keep an oversight of our cold chain activities
External partner management and continues improvement:
- Together with the logistics manager develop and manage partnerships with external logistical and cold chain service providers.
- Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, quality team and line management.
- Assist in the identification and implementation of continuous improvement opportunities and customer satisfaction opportunities.
New lanes for product/site or new logistical service provider launch:
- Support shipping and transport validation/qualification.
- Support international trade compliance issues.
- Work collaboratively with both internal & external partners to achieve business goals
- Enforce the corporate compliance as it pertains to transportation of goods domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years in a Supply Chain or international trade role with experience in cold chain (pharma has the preference), Logistics and Good Distribution Practices
- Working knowledge and understanding of GMP, GCP, GDP
- Experience in managing transport lanes for international and domestic shipments is a MUST
- Air freight experience
- Project management
- Road experience, preferably Courier shipments
- In depth experience in Microsoft Excel is preferred (tables, arrays, formulas, conditional formatting)
- Experience in ERP systems preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Role will have multiple contacts across internal and external groups
- Comfortable in a multicultural, fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Requisition Start Date: 02/03/2020
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.