Technical Operations/Internal Communications Lead
Job Title: Technical Operations/Internal Communications Lead
Location: 4 days in Lexington on-site, 1 day in Cambridge on-site
Duration: 7 months
Compensation: Varies depending on experience
Benefits: Real Staffing offers medical, dental, vision, 401K, voluntary life insurance, short term/long term disability.
The Technical Operations/Internal Communications Lead is the primary point-of-contact for all function-wide communications, and leads the development and delivery of the Technical Operations communications strategy in support of its vision and long range strategy. In this role, the incumbent will provide robust, clear, creative and effective content in regards to Tech Ops initiatives. The role will engage with the function across a broad range of communications channels. The Communications Lead will foster engagement by connecting people, ideas and information through high-level creative and targeted internal communications which pinpoints strategic messages and effectively delivers them to employees around the globe. The Communications Lead is expected to provide strategic leadership as well as hands-on support, strong project management, content development and tactical execution. Must be an outstanding and creative communicator - oral and written - with an expert command of writing, innovative ideas, technologically savvy, and excellent people and problem-solving skills. This role will report directly into the global Head of Internal Communications, with operational (dotted line) accountability to Tech Ops; its key direct stakeholders will be Tech Ops leaders at Takeda. It is important that this role also brings an international perspective, communicating and representing employee needs in all our markets. It is also expected that this role will have and maintain a current working knowledge of Tech Ops and organizational communications best practices.
- Create, manage and implement a comprehensive internal communications strategy and plan, designed to engage Takeda employee's globally in dialogue and align them with a variety of ongoing projects and change initiatives.
- Identify key solutions that could impact success, obtain support from key stakeholders, and help secure the support that is needed to make communications successful.
- Create and manage a master communications calendar for the function to ensure timely, aligned and appropriate cadence of functional messages.
- Act as the general creative agent for developing a range of communications for the Head of Technical Operations and other members of the Technical Operations Leadership Team. This may include general communications to the company, creation of specific materials for timely meetings such as the Board of Directors or Executive Committee.
- Provide communications support to various Technical Operations project teams to help guide and execute their internal and external communications initiatives in order to accomplish their goals and objectives
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications required, advanced degree preferred
- 5-7 years of process, organization, and change experience leading global, enterprise-level process improvement projects
- Prior experience in a global Pharmaceutical or biotech environment preferred
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Experience developing and executing communications strategies and programs to build employee engagement and support change objectives
- Experience with executing communications in a global organization
- Experience with project management
- Ability to work well with all levels of employees across geographical and cultural boundaries, demonstrating strong teaming and partnering skills across time zones.
- Ability to work with external vendors and consultants when required Complexity and Problem Solving
- Describe the decisions made by the incumbents on a regular basis. Include decisions within the Incumbent's authority to make as well as those decisions that must be referred to a higher level.
- Ability to identify, develop and deliver internal communications strategies and programs to achieve business, Tech Ops and organizational change objectives
- Ability to navigate global organization Internal and External Contacts
- List contacts this job advises, consults, or coordinates with on a regular basis. Describe to whom the job is accountable. Indicate each Contact category (Internal, Vendor, Customer, or Other) and provide examples.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.