Location: Lausanne Area
Start Date: 1st January (1 year contract)
Summary As an Automation Engineer you will be part of the engineering team responsible for the design, FAT, commissioning, qualification and improvement of the Facility and Process automation systems used to support the production ofbiopharmaceutical drug substance during the construction and operational phases. You will report to the Director of the Site Engineering.
The successful candidate will have a combined experience of process automation and building management systems within the Biotech industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with various automation, manufacturing, process engineering and IT stakeholders in order to execute the daily activities during Construction, Commissioning and Qualification phase
- Manage Commissioning & Qualification activities (FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ) related to automation systems
- Manage Risk analysis and DQ activities related to automation systems
- Ensure that appropriate project documentation & hand-over are prepared and shared
- Support the setup and maintenance of the various Facility automation systems, including the Building management systems - HVAC & Black Utilities, Process and Pure Fluids Automation
- Work independently and also supervise the activities of contractors and automation vendors
- Contribute to the definition of site automation standards. Develop standard operating procedures to ensure the future compliance and management of the automation systems. Work together with the team to prepare the Site Readiness.
- Once the site becomes operational, handle the automation related challenges that will affect the day to day operation of the new bio-plant and investigate automation issues in GMP environment. Work closely with the Production team.
- Act within compliance and legal requirements as well as within company guidelines
- Engineering background in Automation, Bio or Chemical processing
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the biotech engineering/manufacturing environment with automation systems
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with various automation systems in upstream process
- Experience with DCS and PLC. Good knowledge of the Rockwell and Siemens platforms. The knowledge of other platforms is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of Biotech Process, Utilities and HVAC equipment
- Excellent handling of Siemens Desigo CC, Rockwell.
- Fluent in French and English compulsory
- Broad knowledge of Pharmaceutical Quality, Manufacturing and GLP/GCP/GMP/GAMP practices
Sthree Switzerland is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.