- Job type: Contract
- Salary: competitive
- Location: San Diego
- Reference: RE-32508035
An exciting start-up Medical Device company in San Diego is looking to bring on an R&D Scientist to join their assay development department. This person will be designing, performing, and analyzing experiments in support of the company's assay development and product development goals. These experiments will include both industry-standard molecular and biochemical techniques as well as fundamental and groundbreaking work on the development of the company's proprietary technology.
This is an urgent position and interviews will be taking place this Thursday and Friday (12/01/16-12/02/16). If you are interested in being considering please apply directly with your resume and contact details.
Below are the relevant details of the position for review.
* Design and analyze experiments, within a framework of the overall objectives of the company's development teams.
* Perform laboratory experiments and assays involving both standard techniques (i.e., quantitative PCR) and novel technologies under development at the company. Use a variety of general-purpose and specialized laboratory equipment in support of this work.
* Perform tasks as assigned in both biology/chemistry and engineering/instrumentation labs.
* Facilitate technical problem solving through proposed experimentation and alternate designs/approaches.
* Maintain organized and complete documentation of activities, and provide regular updates covering progress, problems, and solutions.
* Communicate and collaborate effectively across organizational functions.
* Perform lab and office administrative tasks, including lab organization, equipment acquisition and maintenance, and documentation of experimental findings.
* Ensure compliance to all Safety and Quality System Management requirements.