Job key purpose:
Serve as credible medical expert to internal and external customers.
Lead and coordinate all Medical Affairs activities (Phase IIIB/IV, Medical Information, Medical Communication, Medi-cal Customer Support) and supports the commercialization of company products in country via strategic medical advice and medical affairs activities.
Build and lead the Medical Affairs and MSL teams in the country.
Provide medical inputs into country, region and global franchise development and medical affairs strategies/plans.
Main responsibilites are:
- Develop and execute medical strategies in partnership with franchise heads and in alignment with medical and commercial strategies
- Build and lead MSL teams in the country and ensure appropriate deployment of the MSL teams in support of medical product strategy and pre and post-product launch preparation.
- Support the objectives of the product through strategic leadership and oversee development and implementation of of country-specific post-approval clinical programs across franchises.
- Actively ensure scientific and strategic input into the Clinical Development Plan
- Review and approve relevant promotional materials, activities and processes from medical affairs perspective.
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance for medical affairs functions within the country.
- Ensure optimal safety and clinical overview is provided by associates in all activities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with KOLs and investigators.
- Provide medical resources in the active collaboration with Marketing and other commercial functions, as appropriate per SOPs, Ethics and Compliance Guidelines and local country laws to ensure integration of all medical affairs activities within the country in order to drive efficiency.
- Coordinate successful development of external contacts across Franchises
- Ensure dissemination of trial-generated medical information
- Responsible for resource planning and management.
With a company size of 150-200, they are well known globally, with annual performance bonus and attractive benefits. In addition to that, they recognise talents, and foster a performance-oriented culture that encourages achievement through collaboration and innovation.
- MD or other relevant professional degree required, with minimum 5-year experience in ophthalmic medical device industry. Preference for expertise in Ophthalmology and completion of a clinical or research fellowship
- Knowledge of medical affairs, clinical research in product development and post-approval research
- Knowledge and experience of medical and scientific methodology as well as clinical trial design and data analysis.
- Tactical Medical oversight for protocol development, including investigator initiated studies and coordination of registries
- Publication management and scientific writing
- Medical/scientific expertise in review/approval of content of documents for medical accuracy
- Demonstrable knowledge of health authority and local regulations to ensure full adherence to compliance requirements
- Strong interpersonal skills and the capacity to interact with variety of individuals, KOLs, payors, investigators, health authorities, etc
- Expertise in working in a multidimensional matrix environment and ability to manage multidisciplinary/functional medical affairs teams
- Ability to provide Medical opinion on product safety and ability to use within geographic market
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as evidenced by publications and public speaking ability.
- Must possess a strong sense of integrity and proven understanding record of compliance standards
Real, a trading division of SThree Pte Limited (Registration Number: 2007.20126E | SThree Pte Limited Licence Number 16S8216 | Real Licence Number 53132073A)
Award winner of:
International Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2016
Life Sciences and Healthcare Recruitment Company of the Year by Recruitment International 2016
Best Overseas Operation by Global Recruiters 2017
Highly Commended for Best Large Recruitment Business 2017