- Job type Contract
- Salary Negotiable
- Location Leiden
- Sector Technical and Quality Assurance
The Bacterial Vaccines department is working on the discovery and early development of novel vaccines for bacterial infectious diseases. It strives to address unmet medical needs, such as bacteremia (sepsis) and nosocomial infections. Projects at the Bacterial Vaccines department are primarily structured on scientific and technical collaboration with external biotechnology partners (governmental and industrial) that are innovative leaders in their field. This working process includes 'state of the art' vaccine discovery, with subsequent in vivo evaluation of these vaccine candidates in animal models for immunogenicity and/or efficacy. In addition, manufacturing processes are optimized and established, and the resulting clinical trial material is evaluated in human clinical studies.
The Bacterial Vaccines department is strengthening its process development capabilities, which are centered mainly on the production and purification of carbohydrate and protein antigens. The department is recruiting a qualified Assistant/Associate scientist Process Development (DSP) for two major vaccine projects. In the course of your work, you will interact with various Bacterial Vaccines teams, and with support departments. You will be expected to perform laboratory work fulltime.
Previous experience in an industrial setting would strongly benefit Bacterial Vaccines projects.
Your main responsibilities will be:
* Organizing, setting up, monitoring and evaluating antigen purification experiments, with help of small/medium-scale chromatography, filtration, precipitation, etc.
* Analyzing in process control samples, data acquisition and evaluation.
* Daily operation and maintenance of equipment.
* Work will be performed under supervision of a Scientist.
* M.Sc., or equivalent, in a relevant discipline such as bioengineering, biochemistry, bacteriology, chemistry chemical engineering or related fields.
* Minimal two years of professional experience (biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry is a plus).
* Previous experience working with carbohydrate and protein purification (DSP) methods (e.g. chromatography, filtration, precipitation) is a must.
* Fundamental knowledge about purification techniques is a must.
* Working knowledge of analytical techniques
* Motivation and interest for process development
* Communicates clearly.
* Team player, flexible, motivated.
* Planning, organizing and executing work efficiently.
* Language skills: fluent English.
* Computer skills (Excel, etc.)
Are you the new Associate Scientist? Apply now online or to speak to Michelle Smit via 020 522 15 88 or m.smit[a]realstaffing.com