A flourishing Gene-Therapy company based in Cambridge is actively seeking a highly-motivated Associate Scientist with a strong background Upstream Process Development to join their team. The ideal candidate will perform process development activities for the manufacture of pre-clinical and cGMP grate rAAV products. This candidate will also assist in R&D activities, writing pertinent documents, technology transfer, and cGMP manufacturing activities
- Design, develop, and optimize cell growth, transfection, viral infection, and rAAV manufacturing utilizing shake-flasks, small-scale, and large-scale bioreactors.
- Set-up, sterilize, and maintain bioreactors and equipment for cell culture, viral infection, and harvest experiments
- Conduct monitoring of cell viability and growth, cell culture metabolites, and other measurements from cultures
- Design protocols for viral genome/capsid production in shake-flasks, wave bioreactors, and stirred tank bioreactors
- Develop, manage, and maintain key methods and data in an efficient and effective manner
- Write experimental reports, SOPs, batch records, and technology transfer documents as well as participating in authoring pertinent regulatory documents
- Offer support and lead the technology transfer of developed protocols and upstream processes to internal and external manufacturing parties
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemical Engineering, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or related field with a minimum of 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Experience in Protein Biologics or Proteomics is a must
- Background in process development or working with AAV is desirable
- Proficiency in cell line growth optimization and production of biological products using bioreactors is required
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.