Computer Software Validation Engineer
- Job type Contract
- Location Tipperary, Republic of Ireland
- Sector Medical Devices
A world class medical device company who are dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions all over the world. This company is a culture of continuous improvement, innovation and knowledge driven product development.
Role: Computer Software Validation Engineer
Contract: 18 months daily rate
Location: Clonmel, Ireland
As the Software Validation engineer you will be responsible for developing software systems and providing software systems testing and validation in support of R&D Engineering & Manufacturing. You will also be responsible for the analysis, design, programming, debugging and modification of software applications and testing solutions. The work involved often involves analog and digital hardware and software operating systems. For this role it is important that you understand the Validation lifecycle and understand guidelines within a highly regulated environment, it's also essential that you have the ability to code and understand code and work your way around the software architecture.
The role: You will be working on software that helps manufacture medical devices that saves lives, since 2015 this company's products has helped transform over 250,000 lives. Some of their products include: Pacemakers, ICDs and defibrillators. They supply devices to customers in hospitals and health clinics in almost 100 countries.
- You will be working with colleagues to design, develop, debug, modify, test software and systems by using current tools, analysis techniques, and technologies.
- Designs, develops, debugs, modifies, test software programs by using C#, Labview, Visual Studio.net, HMI and PLC Programming (e.g. Rslogix, WinCC etc) and other current programming languages and technologies.
- The execution and completion of test, software, process, systems and equipment validations and revalidations in accordance with Validation Master Plans.
- Review of validation / qualification plans, protocols, reports, amendments and other validation / qualification records across test, software, process, systems and equipment validations.
- Documents software development and/or test development by writing documents, reports, memos, change requests. Methods used are determined by approved procedures and standards.
- Analyses, evaluates, verifies requirements, software and systems by using software engineering practices.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electronics/Electrical Engineering or related field of study
- Min of 3 years industry experience as a Software Engineer / Validation Engineer ( this can be within a regulated environment, pharmaceutical/ medical device/ oil and gas)
- Analysing software requirements and design, testing, and change requests
- Software integration, and black box testing methodologies
- Understanding of the full Validation lifecycle
- Experience with PLC tools (e.g. RSLogix,Wincc) is a plus
- Experience with Robotics (e.g. Staubli,Adept) is a plus
- Experience with Vision Systems (e.g. Cognex Vision Pro)is a plus
The role is based in Clonmel and is commutable from Kilkenny, Waterford, Cork and Limerick
This is an excellent opportunity to work within one of the world's leading medical device companies and work on software that really changes people's lives.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales