Director Engineering & Maintenance
- Job type Contract
- Salary competitive
- Location Haarlem, North Holland
- Sector Engineering
Currently we are looking for an individual ready to take up the challenges of Director Engineering & Maintenance.
The purpose of this position is to ensure availability, functionality & reliability of production equipment, facilities & utilities to enable current and future production flow in a safe, quality and cost effective manner. #engineers #maintenance #directors
I have added the entire job profile below.
It will be a six (6) months contract to start with. The client is located in Haarlem.
* Maintain all production equipment, facilities and utilities in an effective operating and compliant state
* Ensure that changes to equipment and systems are carried out, qualified, and documented according to approved change control procedures and in compliance with relevant requirements.
* Identify, develop and retain qualified people to provide Engineering and Maintenance services.
* An influential functional expert within the site management team. Influence decision making and take an active role in promoting cross-site initiatives, team work and collaboration across site's functions.
* Implement global best practices and actively share knowledge and lessons to contribute and support a high professional level of engineering globally.
* Serve as main representative in communication with suppliers, subcontractors and planning firms regarding the site's assets, equipment, systems and maintenance services. Supervise the engineering activity to ensure efficient and effective work and to ensure business interests and global agreements and standards are well represented in all discussions.
* Build a site Master Plan (5 years) that provides a roadmap for required facility upgrades and investments, including rationale, ROI, etc., in order to ensure business continuity aligned with quality and EHS requirements and with the global strategy.
* Initiate and lead introduction of new assets, equipment and systems that will contribute to the business strategic direction, in accordance with approved change control procedures.
* Provide necessary guidance to ensure compliance with all applicable external and internal regulations and requirements regarding Quality and EHS in the scope of Engineering
* Drive Continuous Improvement to meet world class manufacturing standards using Operational Excellence principles while continuously developing Engineering best practices. Lend additional efficiency to the production environment while maintaining superior quality standards.
* Run an efficient and effective Engineering activity through managing the Engineering site budget and resources.
* Translates regional business & industry trends and regulatory standards into business imperatives
* Applies knowledge of industry best practices to provide inputs for increasing operational productivity within assigned area of work
* Acts with customer needs in mind and considers customer service of paramount importance
* Challenges and rethinks current operation methods
* Keeps the team motivated, committed and engaged in times of change
* Identifies and leads critical decisions at the same time that aligns the organization to support decisions for success
* Recognizes urgent situations and reacts effectively and immediately ("sense of urgency")
* Sets a personal example of continuous learning concerning Engineering as well as the pharmaceutical industry in general
* Sets high standards for performance and achievement of goals based on stakeholders' priorities
* Plans and manages resources required to complete the work as per the set timelines and cost & quality standards
* Takes the initiative to find solutions to problems or challenges
* Displays courage to make tough decisions
* Creates an environment that encourages teams to develop and implement creative solutions
* Demonstrates problem-solving capabilities by generating new ideas and solutions
* Provides accurate timelines as needed to all appropriate stakeholders, working effectively under pressure and very tight schedules
* Continuously seeks to identify process improvements and reduce inefficiencies
* Is able to ensure that appropriate corrective and preventative action is taken
* Comfortably handles risk and uncertainly and develops risk-based solutions
* Communicates in non-technical ways when needed to help others understand findings, root causes of problems and rationale for decisions
* Makes decisions or recommendations based on logical assumptions, relevant facts and an examination of alternatives, rather than just feelings and general statements
* Ensures a robust Problem Solving approach by the Engineering team
* Balances the short and long term requirements of the business strategy across area of operations
* Promotes an internal network by providing others with information, ideas and resources
* Works productively with a range of different people, drawing on their strengths
* Embraces the value of diversity in building strong relationships in day-to-day interactions
* Gives team members full credit for their ideas and contributions, creating a climate where team members/peers are empowered and encouraged to work together to solve problems
* Ensures transparency in decision making
* Acts as a role model of core values and Code of Conduct
* Coaches others on positive impact by respecting and valuing other individuals
* Inspires passion and excitement around shared values and goals
* Clearly articulates organizational goals and the role team members/peers play in achieving these goals
* Delegates activities and accountabilities appropriately
* Models leadership behaviors and guides team members/peers to further their growth and development
* Supports team members'/peers' needs for coaching and development
* Gives team members/peers feedback on their performance and development openly and constructively , and recognizes excellent performance effectively
* Identifies needs for future learning requirements and works with employees to close the gaps
* Recognizes, encourages and rewards individual initiatives to advance the common goal, adjusting the approach for each individual
* Understands the impact of global events on day-to-day operations
* Shares best practices and knowledge within and across and collaborates with different areas towards common goals and improved results
* Relevant Engineering education (College Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Facility, Pharmaceutical, Biochemical or Process Engineering)
* Comprehensive experience in maintenance in a relevant industrial production environment
* Comprehensive experience in project management
* Comprehensive knowledge of facility and utility systems
* Relevant Master's Degree
* Comprehensive knowledge and experience of chemical and pharmaceutical production and packaging process and equipment
* Comprehensive working knowledge of GEP (Good Engineering Practices)
* Comprehensive knowledge of production environment and product types
* Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the relevant production and packaging process and equipment
* Comprehensive knowledge of pharma key technologies
* Basic working knowledge of process controls
* Comprehensive understanding of environment health and safety (EHS)
* Proactively leverage Lean and/or six sigma principles
* Comprehensive ability to interpret and localize specifications and standards
* Extensive ability to manage Capital and Operational expenses
* Comprehensive knowledge of the current pharmaceutical, regulatory and technology trends
* Comprehensive financial understanding
* Comprehensive knowledge of cGMP and local regulations
* English (level of proficiency)
* Local language proficiency
Interested? Let me know: 020 522 1588 or send me an email on s.kolks(at)realstaffing.com