Electrical & Safety Remediation Engineer - Medical Device
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews completed EHS&S WRAPS assessment for hazards, risks, compliance and uses results from this assessment to design/implement appropriate controls/corrective actions
- Manages projects requiring knowledge of Electrical Engineering principles, practices and regulatory requirements to support the implementation of appropriate control measures for safety assessment findings including Installation Qualification protocols and reports
- Provides focused technical expertise to promote workplace and product safety by remediation of potential hazards to people or property in areas such as machine safety and electrical safety
- Partners with Warsaw R&D to manage multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines, develop innovative solutions to problems, partner well with associates at all levels and have the leadership skills to lead projects and teams
- Extrapolate general guidance documents to the specifics of the business location
- Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
- A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience is required
- EE or EET degree preferred
- Experience in working with and understanding production/machine shop equipment preferred
- Familiarity with equipment electrical/control schematics and troubleshooting relating to:
- Safety control systems per ISO13849-1&2
- PLCs / Ladder logic
- Requisite skills to conduct hands on application and/or installation of electrical/mechanical design changes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment is required
- Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to machine safety, contractor safety, electrical safety, ergonomics and LOTO is highly desirable.
- Report generation and record keeping systems experience is preferred.
- Ability to write reports, policy and procedure
- Show good decision making and judgement skills
- Excellent influencing, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter, focused on solutions and problem solving
- Highly professional in dealing with internal and external customers
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in CAD and MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- Standard hours are 800am-500pm
If you are an Electrical Engineer looking for your next challenge within the Medical Device industry, please apply at the details below! The Manager is planning on getting some one on boarded as soon as possible.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.