For the EMEA Headquarter of an international company active in the Healthcare sector, based in Zaventem, Real Staffing is currently looking for an EMEA Controller, managing a team of +- 7 people.
This is the perfect opportunity:
- Either for a a manager with a strong external audit background looking for his /her next challenge inside a company.
- Either for an accounting manager coming from another international environment, with a strong undrstanding of tax and internal control processes, looking for his next challenge.
In both cases, you will integrate a changing environment and will be involved in challenging projects (integrations, M&A, ERP projects, …). Perspectives of evolution can be considered, in Belgium or internationally
Reporting to the Finance Director EMEA you will be responsible for all aspects of compliance, control, and local reporting as well as being tasked with delivering real cost savings associated with tax and customs.
Your area of responsibility will include 6 international entities and you will be expected to provide financial expertise related to activities in these regions.
Job Accountabilities / Expectations:
- Ensure timely and accurate legal entity reporting for both Statutory and Group Reporting purposes for the European entities within the assigned Region and actively contribute to the overall corporate governance of those entities interacting with the Local Board of Directors, Corporate Departments and the EMEA Finance Director.
- Collaborate on projects to ensure an efficient delivery of financial services during an important transition period and supervise activity handover within agreed timeframe.
- Manage the outsourced tax & statutory external service provider.
- Proactive Balance Sheet oversight and ownership. Coordinate timely reconciliation and identification of risks and opportunities either process or business plan related.
- Cooperate with the Global Controller Office to manage external and internal audit process including monitoring of SOX procedure for the area of responsibility.
- Coordinate timely and accurate tax reporting, filing and overall compliance in the area of direct and indirect taxation with internal and external resource and expertise support.
- Contribute to Global forecasting process with particular focus on legal entity results, balance sheet and cash flow projections.
- Act as primary point of contact to analyse, recommend and execute tax, treasury and accounting initiatives driven by the corporate centres of excellence.
- Proactively monitor business, tax and other country specific opportunities to optimise value for the corporation.
- Effectively manage team members to deliver superior results
Qualifications / Education / Experience / Skills Required:
- Educated in a relevant subject such as accounting or business
- A Professional accounting qualification, or working towards attainment e.g. ACCA/CIMA
- Proven track record within financial management ideally with exposure toward accounting tax and reporting in a multinational context.
- Knowledge of US GAAP reporting gained in multinational contexts and knowledge of Local GAAP in one or more of the European Geographies and exposure to IAS.
- Solid understanding of tax accounting and reporting
- Strong audit background or strong proven experience in internal control showing a methodologic approach of the audit
- Exposure to consolidation tools as well as to major ERP system, preferably SAP R3
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of Dutch and / or French is a plus
- Coordination skills - To own the Financial Reporting Processes for the Region assigned by coordinating internal and external resources to ensure accurate compliance, using excellent communication skills, influencing, reasoning and interpretation/understanding of data.
- Proactive - To apply a forward thinking approach to the role taking ownership of the process, creating own direction and looking for innovative solutions for customers by using a process of continuous improvement.
- Independence - Demonstrate ownership by operating independently of strict supervision and daily guidance, establishing clear priorities, driving and planning own workload to add value to the business.
- Auditing skills - Ensure integrity of the balance sheet for all entities in Region by checking and reviewing data to obtain sound and robust controls.
- Communication - Ability to communicate in any format, working within a matrix organization to influence and aid the understanding of clients and business partners
- Flexibility - Ability to thrive in a constantly changing environment, by balancing the needs of both Key Clients and Suppliers including; Controllers Office, Corporate Reporting, Treasury, Tax, Sector/Local Business Leaders and Finance. Flexibility and adaptability are of highest importance during the spin-off transition period.
- Influence - being able to gain support and the commitment required to drive through the agreed strategies. Act as role model for assigned deputies
- Analytical - Able to gain an understanding of key topics by analysis of key data rather than by performing processes.
We are looking to hire a professional and committed candidate. The company will invest a lot in that person and will offer him/her an interesting salary package reflecting this intent, including a company car, an interesting bonus, insurances, meal vouchers and an extended amount of holidays paid
Should you be interested in this position, or should you want to receive more information, please apply today or contact Isabelle Leparlier on 0032 (0)2.610.59.00