Role: General Manager
Benefits: Excellent salary, Yearly bonus, Pension, Healthcare and the opportunity to build and develop an exciting new business in Ireland.
My client as an American Medical Device company who have just been set up an office in Galway within the last 18 months. They haver recently acquired a new Greenfield site which they are looking to turn into their European HQ. You will get the opportunity to work in a Multinational with a start-up feel. They are experts in the Research and Design of complex Medical Devices from concept to manufacturing and will be investing heavily in their Irish office.
- As a General Manager you will be required to provide overall leadership and strategic direction to the company's site-specific operation.
- You will be responsible for directing all site-specific/division functions such as operations, sales/marketing, production, research, engineering, HR, and/or finance.
- Establishes strategies and objectives, coordinating with all organizational goals and standards.
- Responsible for financial performance and attainment of profit goals.
- You will contribute to management team discussions and decisions on operational and strategic issues to ensure that the company's goals are met.
- Manage customer expectations for site-specific projects. Responsible for creating opportunities the company, by visiting existing and new customers.
- Develop and implement Product Development sales programs, including goals and objectives for sales personnel.
- Prepare annual sales revenue targets and expense budgets.
- You will manage the resources of the site-specific operation to ensure staff are selected and sufficiently trained to meet current and future work requirements.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering or related science with Manufacturing degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years general management experience.
- Medical device experience preferably at both large and start-up companies.
Skills and abilities:
- Background in R&D, Operations or Business Development/Sales.
- Interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Happy to travel about 15% of the time.
- Experience with or knowledge of the P&L/Financial aspects of a business.
- Experience leading/motivating various functional groups (e.g., engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing).
- Team player/collaborative management style.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who would like to build something from the ground up as there will be a lot of investment in the Irish site.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales