- Job type Contract
- Salary US$30 - US$40 per hour + competitive
- Location Richmond
- Sector Sales & Marketing , Finance
My client, a globally recognized Life Science company in the Richmond, IL area, is seeking a Senior Buyer/Planner to join their team. This Senior Buyer/Planner position will be a 6 month contract to hire and can pay between $30-$40 per hour based on prior levels of industry experience.
As a Senor Buyer/Planning, you would be responsible for globally managing, maintaining, buying and planning for the different products my clients produces. This individual needs to be able to manage and coordinate communication, including forecasting activities, with cross functional teams including Sales, Marketing and Production both on site as well as globally.
The most desirable candidates for the Senior Buyer/Planner position will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline preferred: Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in purchasing and supply chain roles within a manufacturing company
- Project leadership experience is preferred
- Excellent skills with Excel
- Prior ERP experience; SAP preferred
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing or Continuous Improvement Concepts
As a Senior Buyer/Planner, this candidate would be responsible for:
- Manage stock levels through prescribed planning models, which could include min/max, Just in Time, CRP, Kanban, or MRP.
- Work with sales and marketing figures to define forecast for responsible items.
- Optimize productivity, inventory and freight spend though capacity and takt planning
- Develop/publish root cause and countermeasure analysis using Problem Solving Process
- Supplier maintenance including creation and management of POs, escalating price discrepancies, and overall supplier performance. Drive corrective actions to resolve supplier failures.
Overall, this is a wonderful opportunity to join a company with exciting growth plans, and take on a role that will offer a great Buyer/Planning experience.
The Hiring Manager is looking to conduct interviews pretty urgently, so if you are interested, a prompt response is encouraged. Please forward your resume and/or contact me directly.
Sthree US is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.