I'm working with a medical device company in Galway for the opening of a Manufacturing Engineer. The company hold a portfolio of 13,000 products and are at the forefront of the medical device industry. Their presence in Galway extends almost 25 years and continues to be one of the most highly respected medical technology leaders in Ireland.
- Analyse process, product, material or equipment specifications and performance requirements.
- Under broad supervision and guidance, compile and analyse operational, test and experimental data to establish performance standards for newly implemented or modified products / processes.
- Summarise, analyse and draw conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution.
- Troubleshoot new products / process working closely with product development.
- Continually seek to drive improvements in process design, layout and operational performance.
- Demonstrate good working knowledge and application of validation techniques and associated regulatory requirements.
- Actively promote and participate in a cross -functional teamwork environment.
- Give technical guidance to Associate Engineers and technicians.
- An influential team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and Site objectives.
- Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Understand and comply with all the regulations governing the quality systems.
- Ensure all direct reports are aware of their commitment to patient safety and product quality, are current with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work.
- Degree (HETAC Level 8) qualified, ideally in Polymer/ Materials Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years work experience.
- Strong theoretical & practical knowledge of core polymer processes with particular emphasis on Injection/Insert Moulding equipment OR/ AND Extrusion Equipment and process engineering.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of equipment and process validation is a must.
- Excellent technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Medical Device industry experience a distinct advantage.
If this role interests you, please apply directly for immediate consideration.
To find out more about Real please visit www.realstaffing.com
Real Staffing, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy| Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales